Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where do we go from here?

My silence went to anger, which is now followed by many questions, almost all of which begin with Why. I believe this is a fair step in the journey we are on. I am not a fan of having people tell me it will be okay, but need to experience it for myself… again. We are blessed as a family to have the love and support of family and friends helping us to heal, but the process may never be over, the healing may never fully take place. We know we can survive and have a positive outcome as we have our beautiful daughter to remind us of the survival and miracles that can happen if you hand yourself over to God. If you are willing to place yourself, your hurting, your anger, and your longing in his hands you can see there will be healing. This in no way diminishes how we feel, but by his grace will help us be stronger as a couple, as a family, and as believers. The loss of a child at any stage in life is painful, heartbreaking and leaves a hole in your family where they could have been. Our wish like many would have been to hold them, to know them and to teach them, but because we loved them we did get something that will always be with us. Through our loss we hope to have gains, gains that last our lifetime. The physical healing will come first with a wonderful Dr.'s help... and well... the rest will come in time.

The Lord called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name.
-Isaiah 49:1

1 comment:

Renee said...

Beautifully said. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love ya girl, Renee